AudioQuest Niagara 1200
Niagara 1200 brings the benefits of highly optimized power management to far more music lovers and replaces the amazingly well-received Niagara 1000.
The most obvious difference between the Niagaras 1000 and 1200, other than the 1200’s gorgeous textured bright finish, are the more universally useful shape and surprisingly substantial weight. The 1200 can now sit on a shelf like a component, with all the in and out cables in the back. It can be used ‘face’ down with the outlets in the air, fitting much better in the space between furniture and the wall. And, the 1200 is designed to stand on one end. 100% of the performance in a more useful package.
Designed by Garth Powell, the Niagara 1200 embodies the very same design philosophy and incorporates the same patented technology found in its larger siblings, the Niagara 5000 and Niagara 7000, but packs it into a smaller, sleeker enclosure—at a fraction of the price.
Much like the Niagara 5000 and 7000, the Niagara 1200 uses ultra-low resistance solid-core wiring optimized for low-noise directionality, capacitor forming technologies that vastly improve linearity and minimize distortion, and low-impedance AC inlet and outlet contacts with heavy silver plating over high-purity Beryllium Copper for superior noise dissipation. Similarly, Niagara 1200 features non-sacrificial surge protection, patented Ground Noise-Dissipation technology, and over-voltage shutdown. The Niagara 1200’s non-sacrificial protection circuits ensure that your system is thoroughly protected from AC surges and spikes, and the Niagara 1200 protects itself—no damage, no down time. Set it and forget it.
The Niagara 1200 employs AudioQuest’s patented Ground-Noise Dissipation System and Linear Noise-Dissipation Technology and fits seven high-performance outlets into its sleek cabinet-friendly chassis. Input current maximum capacity is 15 amps RMS in the 1200.
- 7 AC outlets: 2 High-Current; 5 Linear Filtered
- Patented Ground Noise-Dissipation System: All outlets: 2 banks of direction-controlled ground noise-dissipation
- Direction-Controlled Ultra-Low-Resistance Solid-Core Wiring
- Ultra-Linear AudioQuest AC RF Filtering Capacitors
- Linear Noise-Dissipation Technology: More than 18 octaves of AC differential filtering with linear response, optimized for varying line and load impedance
- Non-Sacrificial Surge Protection: Withstands multiple AC surges and spikes up to 6000V/3000A without sustaining damage
- Over-Voltage Shutdown with Automatic Reset
- Low-Z (low impedance) NRG Series Silver/Beryllium AC Power Inlets and Outlets