The Drobo 5C is built on award-winning BeyondRAID ™ technology and is the optimal solution for home media and professional data storage needs. Drobo 5C uses the latest USB-C interface to connect to PCs or Macs. USB-C is compatible with both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0. and is ideal for storing all types of data, including pictures and video. Drobo has made setup on the 5C effortless. In less than 10 minutes, the intuitive “traffic light interface” will even have the novice user up and running. With 5 available drive bays and the innovative use of solid state drives (SSDs) — the Drobo 5C provides high performance and increased storage capacity. The 5C is a cost efficient desktop storage array that anyone can use.
- 5 drive bays (3.5” SATA or SSD)
- 1x USB 3.0, Type C (Type A to Type C USB cable provided)*
- Power fail protection with battery backup
- BeyondRAID for advanced data protection
- Support a single Smart Volume of 64TB
- Mixed drive size utilization
- Single or dual disk redundancy
- Thin provisioning and reclamation
- Virtual hot spare
- Drive re-ordering
* As USB Type-C is not yet completely widespread, a USB Type-C to Type-A cable is included, allowing the 5C to be used on systems with traditional USB Type-A ports, and a USB Type-C to Type-C cable will have to be purchased separately.