Dan Clark Audio ÆON Flow 2 Open
Dan Clark Audio (formerly MrSpeakers) is pleased to announce the all new AEON 2 Open and Closed Headphones. AEON 2 features the latest engineering innovations from our team, married with smart industrial design and a price that will make you smile.
The original ÆON Flow broke new ground with its ergonomic and stylish industrial design that’re hallmarks of Dan Clark Audio designs. From the elegant shape of the earcups, to the lightweight nitinol headband, and the amazing performance of its in-house designed planer drivers, it’s hard to believe we could find a ways to improve it……… but we did!
Improved Performance - The new AEON 2 is not a minor update to a great product, it’s truly a colossal performance upgrade. Dan and team took what they learned designing one of the most highly awarded flagship headphones of 2018, ETHER 2, and redesigned the new AEON 2 driver from the ground up using ETHER 2’s state of the art motor tech. New features include:
- Updated driver structure flipped 180 degrees to remove magnet and flow structures from the diaphragm to the ear
- Streamlined flow elements converted to a single construction, removing air gaps to improve internal airflow
- Higher precision machined flow structures replace injection molded parts
- Superior driver damping for improved resolution, dynamics and a smoother frequency response
- New voicing, with a warmer, fuller tone for the closed, a leaner lower midrange for the open, and a much larger soundstage for both models
The sum of all these innovations is a headphone the renders music with all its emotional impact: visceral bass, transparent mids, and detail up top that is presented in a deep and immersive soundstage putting the music further “out of your head” to create a deeply satisfying experience.